- Armstrong, Edward G. and Paul Greider."The Presentation
of Identity in the Work Songs of Johnny Cash."
- Arditi, David. "iTunes: Breaking Barriers and Building Walls."
- Avanti, Peter. "Black Musics, Technology, and
Modernity: Exhibit A, the Drum Kit."
- Baksh, Darrell. "Jep Sting Radica with Rum and Roti: Trinidadian Social Dynamics in Chutney Music."
- Berg, Jeremy. "On the Removal of Download Access
to Grateful Dead Soundboards from the Live Music Archive."
- Brennan, Matt."'Nobody Likes Rock 'n' Roll
But the Public': Down Beat, Genre Boundaries, and the Dismissal of Rock
'n' Roll by Jazz Critics."
- Broertjes, Andrew. "'He's Sending His People Messages Out of His Pain': Michael Jackson and the Black Community."
- Burkart, Patrick. "Music in the Cloud and the Digital Sublime."
- Click, Melissa A.; Hyunji Lee; and Holly Willson Holladay. "Making Monsters: Lady Gaga, Fan Identification, and Social Media."
- Cooper, B. Lee. ""From Cement Mixers to
Personal Computers: Images of Technology in Commercial Recordings, 1910-2010."
- Cooper, B. Lee. "My Music, Not Yours: Ravings of a Rock-and-Roll Fanatic."
- Drew, Rob. "New Technologies and the Business of Music: Lessons from the 1980s Home Taping Hearings."
- Duffett, Mark. "Directions in Music Fan Research: Undiscovered Territories and Hard Problems."
- Fairchild, Charles. "Revealing What We Can Never
Know: The Problem of Real Life in Gus Van Sant's Last Days."
- Foley, Mike. "A Politics of Empathy: Johnny Cash, the Vietnam War, and the 'Walking Contradiction' Myth Dismantled."
- Green, Stuart. "The Musical Routes of the Spanish
Black Atlantic: The Performance of Identities in the Rap of Frank T
and El Chojín."
- Güney, Serhat; Cem Pekman, and Bülent Kabaş, "Diasporic Music in Transition: Turkish Immigrant Performers on the Stage of 'Multikulti' Berlin"
- Gussow, Adam. "Sold It to the Blues Devil: The
Great Migration, Lost Generations, and the Perils of the Urban Dance
- Hains, Rebecca C. "The Significance of Chronology in Commodity Feminism: Audience Interpretations of Girl Power Music."
- Hayward, Philip. "Island Leverage: Vanessa Quai,
Vanuatu, and Transnational Career Performance."
- Jennex, Craig. "Diva Worship and the Sonic Search for Queer Utopia."
- Jin, Dal Yong and Woongjae Ryoo. "Critical Interpretation of Hybrid K-Pop: The Global-Local Paradigm of English Mixing in Lyrics."
- Johansson, Ola and Thomas L. Bell. "Touring Circuits and the Geography of Rock Music Performance."
- King, Stephen A. "'Between Jennings and Jones': Jamey Johnson, Hard-Core Country Music, and Outlaw as Authenticating Strategy."
- Leonard, Marion. "'The Lord Mayor of Beatle-Land':
Popular Music, Local Government, and the Promotion of Place in 1960s
- Lie, Siv. "'His Soul Was Wandering and Holy': Employing and Contesting Religious Terminology in Django Fandom."
- Loureiro-Rodríguez, Verónica. "'If
We Only Speak Our Language by the Fireside, It Won't Survive': The Cultural
and Linguistic Indigenization of Hip Hop in Galicia."
- Marshall, Lee. "The Structural Functions of
Stardom in the Recording Industry."
- Martin, Katy. "The Preoccupations of Mr. Lomax,
Inventor of the 'Inventor of Jazz'."
- Mitchell, Gillian A.M. "From 'Rock' to 'Beat':
Towards a Reappraisal of British Popular Music, 1958-1962."
- Morris, Jeremy Wade. "Artists as Entrepreneurs, Fans as Workers."
- Mullins, Katie L. "Black Female Identity and
Challenges to Masculine Discourse in Rah Digga's Dirty Harriet."
- Osumare, Halifu. "TBecoming a 'Society of the Spectacle': Ghanaian Hiplife Music and Corporate Recolonization"
- Palmer, Andrew. "'In a Land That I Love': Working-Class Identity and the End of Empire in Ray Davies's Arthur or the Decline and Fall of the British Empire."
- Pietilä, Tuulikki. "Body Politic: The
Emergence of a 'Kwaito Nation' in South Africa."
- Putnam, Michael and Juliane Schicker. "Straight Outta Marzahn: (Re)Constructing Collective Cultural Memory in East Germany."
- Qirko, Hector. "Consumer Authentication of Popular Music in the Global Postmodern."
- Sharma, Nitasha Tamar. "Marketing MCs: South
Asian American Rappers Negotiate Image, Audience, Artistic Control,
- Smith, Marquita R. "'...Or a Real, Real Bad Lesbian': Nicki Minaj and the Acknowledgment of Queer Desire in Hip Hop."
- Smith, Peter and Ian Inglis. "A Long Strange Trip: The Continuing World of European Deadheads."
- Spracklen, Karl; Caroline Lucas, and Mark Deeks, "The Construction of Heavy Metal Identity Through Heritage Narratives: A Case Study of Extreme Metal Bands in the North of England."
- Steinholt, Yngvar B. "Kitten Heresy: Lost Contexts of Pussy Riot's Punk Prayer."
- Stimeling, Travis D. "'Stay Out of the Way of
the Southern Thing': The Drive-By Truckers' Southern Gothic Soundscape."
- Teryo, Mervi. "From Appropriation to Translation: Localizing Rap Music to Finland."
- Traber, Daniel S. "Pick It Up! Pick It Up! The
Transnational Localism of Ska."
- Tsitsos, William. "Racial Transparency Theory Applied to Musicians Who Claim to Be Aliens."
- Vallee, Mickey. "The Media Contingencies of
Generation Mash-Up: A Zizekian Critique."
- Wong, Chuen-Fung. "Singing Muqam in Uyghur Pop:
Minority Modernity and Popular Music in China."
Updated: May 17, 2013