- Arditi, David. "iTunes: Breaking Barriers and Building Walls."
- Baksh, Darrell. "Jep Sting Radica with Rum and Roti: Trinidadian Social Dynamics in Chutney Music."
- Burkart, Patrick. "Music in the Cloud and the Digital Sublime."
- Drew, Rob. "New Technologies and the Business of Music: Lessons from the 1980s Home Taping Hearings."
- Foley, Mike. "A Politics of Empathy: Johnny Cash, the Vietnam War, and the 'Walking Contradiction' Myth Dismantled."
- Garabedian, Steven P. "The Blues Image in the White Mind: Blues Historiography and White Romantic Racialism."
- Gatten, Jeffrey N. "The Woody Guthrie Centennial Bibliography."
- Graakjær, Nicolai Jørgensgaard. "The Bonding of a Band and a Brand -- On Music Placement in Commercials from a Text Analytical Perspective."
- Güney, Serhat; Cem Pekman, and Bülent Kabaş, "Diasporic Music in Transition: Turkish Immigrant Performers on the Stage of 'Multikulti' Berlin"
- Hains, Rebecca C. "The Significance of Chronology in Commodity Feminism: Audience Interpretations of Girl Power Music."
- Jin, Dal Yong and Woongjae Ryoo. "Critical Interpretation of Hybrid K-Pop: The Global-Local Paradigm of English Mixing in Lyrics."
- Johansson, Ola and Thomas L. Bell. "Touring Circuits and the Geography of Rock Music Performance."
- Kimsey, John. "'She Moved Thru' the Fair': Davy Graham and Irish Orientalism."
- King, Stephen A. "'Between Jennings and Jones': Jamey Johnson, Hard-Core Country Music, and Outlaw as Authenticating Strategy."
- Laver, Mark. "Freedom of Choice: Jazz, Neoliberalism, and the Lincoln Center."
- Moorey, Gerard. "Representations of the Music Industry in Two Contemporary Novels."
- Morris, Jeremy Wade. "Artists as Entrepreneurs, Fans as Workers."
- Osumare, Halifu. "TBecoming a 'Society of the Spectacle': Ghanaian Hiplife Music and Corporate Recolonization"
- Palmer, Andrew. "'In a Land That I Love': Working-Class Identity and the End of Empire in Ray Davies's Arthur or the Decline and Fall of the British Empire."
- Putnam, Michael and Juliane Schicker. "Straight Outta Marzahn: (Re)Constructing Collective Cultural Memory in East Germany."
- Qirko, Hector. "Consumer Authentication of Popular Music in the Global Postmodern."
- Sauceda, Jonathan. "Smuggling, Betrayal, and the Handle of a Gun: Death, Laughter, and the Narcocorrido."
- Smith, Marquita R. "'...Or a Real, Real Bad Lesbian': Nicki Minaj and the Acknowledgment of Queer Desire in Hip Hop."
- Spracklen, Karl; Caroline Lucas, and Mark Deeks, "The Construction of Heavy Metal Identity Through Heritage Narratives: A Case Study of Extreme Metal Bands in the North of England."
- Tervo, Mervi. "From Appropriation to Translation: Localizing Rap Music to Finland."
- Tsitsos, William. "Racial Transparency Theory Applied to Musicians Who Claim to Be Aliens."
Updated: November 26, 2013